Computing at Tillington Manor Primary School
Computing at Tillington Manor aims to develop children's skills so they can:
- understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology
We will achieve these aims by:
- giving children access to a range of different hardware and software
- exposing children to a range of plugged and unplugged activities
- discuss and explain vocabulary clearly
- completing projects to deveop overall computiung skills
We currently use the Switched on ICT programme.
From January, children at Tillington Manor will follow the Knowsley Scheme of Learning for Computing.
Click on this link to find the subject practice statement.
Click on this link to see the progression of skills.