Computing at Tillington Manor Primary School
Computing at Tillington Manor aims to develop children's skills so they can:
- understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology
We will achieve these aims by:
- giving children access to a range of different hardware and software
- exposing children to a range of plugged and unplugged activities
- discuss and explain vocabulary clearly
- completing projects to deveop overall computiung skills
We currently use the Switched on ICT programme.
We follow Knowsley Scheme of Learning for Computing.