The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to Primary Schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
What the funding can be used for:
• To hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers.
• To provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teachPE and sport more effectively.
• To introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport.
• To support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
• run sport competitions.
• To increase pupils’ participation in the School Games.
• To run sports activities with other schools.
The premium is used to:
• To develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers.
• To make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Click here to view our Sport Premuin Strategy for 2019/2020
Click here to view our Sport Premuin Strategy for 2020/2021
At Tillington Manor we offer a vast range of sporting opportunities from Zumba to Cross Country. Our aim is to ensure that every pupil can experience a range of sporting activities which are provided in a fun and exciting manner. Through sport, the children at Tillington Manor develop teamwork, determination, perseverance and tolerance. These skills are not only key in sport but also throughout life at our school.
Through the Sport Premium we have been able to improve our range of sport which has had a positive impact upon the children and their attainment at Tillington Manor. The sport premium has allowed specialist teachers to come in to provide staff with training and to allow more specialist clubs to run.